KOPCERIN DO (Ethyl Hexylglycerin +Propylene Glycol +Octenidine HCL)
Kopcerin DO is anionic surfactant that inhibits the growth of odor causing bacteria. Staphylococcus epidermidis and Bacillus subtilis are the most common germs that causes foot odor & Kopcerin DO is more effective against these odor causing bacteria's, whereas Tea tree oil is not effective against these bacteria. Trichophyton rubrum & Trichophyton menthagrophytes are the most common bacteria causing Athletes foot and Kopcerin DO is effective against these bacteria's.
After continued exposure to antibiotics, bacteria may evolve to the point where they are no longer harmed by these compounds. Bacteria can also develop a resistance to antiseptics, but the effect is generally less pronounced.
The mechanisms by which bacteria evolve may vary in response to different antiseptics. Low concentrations of an antiseptic may encourage growth of a bacterial strain that is resistant to the antiseptic, where a higher concentration of the antiseptic would simply kill the bacteria. In addition, use of an excessively high concentration of an antiseptic may cause tissue damage or slow the process of wound healing. Consequently, antiseptics are most effective when used at the correct concentration—a high enough concentration to kill harmful bacteria, fungi or viruses, but a low enough concentration to avoid damage to the tissue.
Octenidine is absorbed neither through the skin, nor through mucous membranes, nor via wounds and does not pass the placental barrier. However, cation-active compounds cause local irritation and are extremely poisonous when administered parenterally.
In a 2016 in vitro study of mouth rinses on gingival fibroblasts and epithelial cells octenidine showed a less cytotoxic effect, especially on epithelial cells, compared to chlorhexidine after 15 min. Wound irrigation with octenidine has caused severe complications in dogs, aseptic necrosis and chronic inflammation in penetrating hand wounds.
Prolonged contact with propylene glycol (E490) is essentially non-irritating to the skin. Undiluted propylene glycol is minimally irritating to the eye, producing slight transient conjunctivitis; the eye recovers after the exposure is removed. Exposure to mists may cause eye irritation, as well as upper respiratory tract irritation. Inhalation of propylene glycol vapors appears to present no significant hazard in ordinary applications.
octenidine has been used in Europe as an antiseptic, in concentrations of 0.1 to 2.0%. It is a substitute for chlorhexidine, with respect to its slow action and concerns about the carcinogenic impurity 4-chloroaniline. Octenidine preparations are less expensive than chlorhexidine and no resistance had been observed as of 2007.They may contain the antiseptic phenoxyethanol. It is not listed in the Annex V of authorized preservatives of the European Cosmetic Regulation 1223/2009.