Food & Health Care Ingredients
Alkylresorcinols widely occur in nature and are known to be biodegradable and present in significant amounts in the bran fractions of wheat, rye and other cereals. Works as an antiseptic and can therefore be found in soaps, skin cleansers and throat lozenges. Hexylresorcinol is widely used as an antihelmintic meaning you could potentially use throat lozenges to get rid of parasitic worms if they were growing inside you. Hexylresorcinol can also be used to prevent shrimp black spot, an unappealing surface discoloration of shrimp caused by the enzymatic production of pigmented compounds as well as the browning and decay of fresh cut mangoes and apples.
|Appearance||Pale yellow to white crystalline powder|
|Assay||99% (w/w) min|
|Melting range||Between 66 – 68 C|
|Residue on ignition||NMT 0.1%|
|Heavy metal : Mercury||NMT 3 ppm|
- Effective skin lightener
- In throat lozenges as antihelmintic ingredient
- Preservative in fresh cut food products
- As a fish preservative
- Effective antibacterial
|Product Name||α -1,4; α -1,6-glucan|
- Binder, thickener, film former, non-toxic, colourless, odourless
- Adhesive nature, protective oxygen barrier
- Excellent glazing properties
- In food, pullulan can be used as antistaling agent, quality improver, emulsifier, binder, thickening agent and has excellent barrier properties.
- Low viscosity and high adhesiveness helps to form granules and in pan coating.
- Forms edible flavoured films
- Effective binder and thickener – creams, lotions, gels, balms etc.
- Disperses, suspends and stabilises products – deodorant, spray, serum etc.
- Excellent adhesive property when dried on – facemask, lipstick, mascara, roll on, lotion etc.
- Pharmaceutical coating.
- Natural ingredient for making vegetative capsules.
- Capsules resistant to breakage; reduce loss.
- Helps form sublingual oral strip, soft gel capsule and tablet.
Kopuron (Sodium hyaluronate)
Effective moisturising ingredient produced by microbial fermentation
|Brand name||Kopuron Max|
|Molecular weight||1.5 MDa|
|Carbazole Assay||>91.1 – 103.5%|
|Identity by Infrared (IR)||To match with standard|
|Residue on ignition||NMT 20.0 %|
|Heavy Metals||NMT 20 ppm|
|pH||6.0 – 7.0|
|Loss on drying||NMT 10.0%|
|Molecular Weight||1.0-1.6 MDa|
|Viable haemolytic streptococci||Negative|
|Total bacteria acount||< 100 cfu/g|
- Used in sun screen products
- Used in injections to treat osteoarthritis
- Used in ear drops and artificial tears
- Used in dietary supplements
- Used as scaffolds for tissue regeneration in cosmetic surgery